Thyroid Optimization Therapy for Men in Pflugerville, TX
If you are a man and you experience sluggishness, loss of muscle mass, balding, or erectile dysfunction, get your thyroid level checked. Optimal Balance Center offers thyroid optimization for men to Pflugerville and surrounding areas. Contact us for more information or to request an appointment today! We are conveniently located at 701 FM 685, Ste 125 Pflugerville, TX 78660.
Table of Contents:
Your thyroid regulates a huge portion of your body’s functions. As such, it stands to reason that optimizing your thyroid function will have a significantly positive effect on your overall health and well-being. At Optimal Balance Center, we are proud to provide thyroid optimization services for men and would be happy to answer any questions you have about this service!
While thyroid problems are more common among women than men, it is still very possible for men to experience thyroid disease or disorders. Approximately 20 percent of all thyroid disease cases occur in men. With that being said, the fact that women experience thyroid issues more frequently than men means that many men do not consider the possibility of having a thyroid disorder when they experience various adverse symptoms.
The most common causes of thyroid problems in men, including hypothyroidism or underactive thyroid and hyperthyroidism or an overactive thyroid, include the following:
• Abnormal clusters of thyroid cells (nodules) in the thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
• Certain medications, such as amiodarone or lithium (hypothyroidism)
• Excessive iodine consumption from diet or medications (hyperthyroidism)
• Graves’ disease, which is the primary cause of hyperthyroidism
• Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, which is the main cause of hypothyroidism
• Lack of iodine in your diet (hypothyroidism)
• Plummer’s disease (hyperthyroidism)
• Thyroid cancer, surgery, or radiation treatment (hypothyroidism)
• Thyroiditis (hyperthyroidism)
In men, thyroid disease or disorders typically start between the ages of 30 and 50, and particularly after age 40.
The thyroid gland is located at the front of the neck and produces two hormones, namely, triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). While the thyroid gland produces more of the T4 hormone, the T3 hormone is far more active than T4.
The T4 hormone is produced in the thyroid gland and is referred to as the prohormone of T3, which means that it forms the foundational elements of T3. After the thyroid gland produces and secretes T4 into the bloodstream, it travels to the liver, where the T3 hormone is produced, secreted, and distributed throughout the body for physiological use.
The T3 hormone regulates or influences nearly every physiological function in the body, including metabolism, digestion, heart function, brain development and function, muscle control, and bone maintenance.
While the thyroid controls most of the same physiological processes in men as in women, it also regulates or influences certain functions unique to the male sex, such as sperm production and erectile function.
Since thyroid hormones regulate and influence a broad range of physiological processes in the body, numerous different signs could indicate a problem with the thyroid gland. Some of these signs and symptoms of thyroid problems include the following:
• Balding or hair loss
• Decreased sex drive, also referred to as loss of libido
• Ejaculation issues, such as delayed ejaculation or premature ejaculation
• Erectile dysfunction
• Frequent or recurring hip fractures
• Gynecomastia, which is a condition where there is an enlargement of male breast tissue
• Issues with sperm production, such as low sperm count or volume, poor sperm quality, and reduced sperm motility
• Low testosterone levels, which is also called low-T
• Loss of strength or muscle mass
Optimal Balance Center is proud to provide thyroid optimization services for men and women in Pflugerville, Texas, and the surrounding areas! For more information, please call us or feel free to schedule an appointment. You can find us at 701 FM 685, Suite 125, in Pflugerville, Texas. We serve patients from Pflugerville TX, Austin TX, Round Rock TX, Hutto TX, Georgetown TX, Cedar Park TX, Taylor TX and Manor TX.